Tuesday 19 July 2011

Day 7 - The Eye of Basil

I actually took two pictures today.  Broke my own rule I guess.  But I have found that the more I do this the more I want to do it; and isn't that the point?

I struggled with which picture to post.  I finally decided on this one because it's more interesting to me.  But, because I used my cell phone it didn't come out as well as I'd have liked, or might have if I were using my regular camera.  Can you guess what it is?

Yeah, I didn't think so.  I wouldn't know either if I hadn't been the one to take the picture.  I have herbs in pots in the backyard.  Bugs have eaten holes through the leaves of the basil.  This picture is looking through one of those holes to the leaves on the other side.   I think it would've worked better with a real camera rather than the cell phone camera, but still, it's interesting to me.

-kathi

3 comments:

Lynne Rees said...

'Things you can see through holes' sounds like a fab series of photos... a kind of statement on the whole pin-hole photography thing too.

davidhughjones said...

I love bugs. And cellphone camera shots can be much more fun than the full camera version. I still remember my nokia 7250i ... About 400 x 300 pixels.

Gnu Kid said...

i can't take one picture. i have to take lots, even of the same thing. ever since digital came along, the "price" of film became cheap. unless the personal challenge was "just one", i say click away.