Tuesday 19 July 2011

Mitzi by the Sea, Day 8-ish?

Although I'm losing track of what day I'm up to - perhaps someone tecchy could stick a calendar app on this blog?! - it's the dailyness that keeps me going. A day isn't a day with the 30-day walk pledge in action.

Yesterday I finally rounded the curve of the shore and throroughly enjoyed seeing some new sites, which since January have been my local neighbourhood. Even though this picture is very murky, it shows an eel swimming languidly around in a creek that flows out from a storm-water drain into the bay.

4 comments:

bob said...

Nice. Day one was officially last Tuesday. Calendar now inserted. ;-)

Anonymous said...

Wow. You have such great wildlife there in Australia. Not like the mundane critters we have here. Thanks for sharing the photo!

Lynne Rees said...

The calendar's a great idea. Thanks!

I keep thinking about three words/images in your last sentence: creek, storm-water drain, bay. There's just a lovely sound and rhythm to them when you say them one after another.

Gnu Kid said...

languid eels? i hear they're good with a garlic butter sauce.