Wednesday 13 July 2011

the daily swim 2

Storm. Thunder that made the windows shake. And rain, clonking straight down tubs of rain that leaked in through both bedroom windows and made a lake out of the drive in under 20 minutes. I'd have to swim down the street to get to the beach.

And then two hours later there was blue sky and by 7pm I was on the beach in sunshine though I had to wade and swim through a thick skim of leaves and weed and small sticks that the storm had thrown into the bay. One careless breath and I'd have swallowed enough fibre for a month.

If I can make it today, I can make it anyday. God, I sound like Frank!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yea, you got your swim in! The storm sounds like it was brutal. Loved the line about having to swim the drive to get to the beach. Guess that would have counted, huh? lol

bob said...

Storms one minute, sunshine the next.

You sure you're not back in London?

Lynne Rees said...

Definitely not in London - it's 28 degrees and it's midnight : )

M L Jassy said...

Dramatic weather, but the sea sounds refreshing.

Gnu Kid said...

sing it, Frankie. good job on staying focused and looking for your window to go.