Saturday 16 July 2011

And what have we learned?

Friday night. Day 4 of the challenge. i'd had a rather crunchy week at work, and had to begin preparing for a 2 week holiday - not only had i not packed, i hadn't done laundry!

What's a girl to do? Get her drink on, of course! Dinner at my place with a friend, while the laundry washed itself in the machines downstairs, led to a couple tall, cool Vodka-Lemon-Sodas!

"Yay! That's a great idea!", said the Bad Idea Bears from the recesses of my brain...

Finally settling down to do my reading around 11:00pm, i succeeded in holding the book for a full 30 minutes. Read many, many pages! Turned them successfully, too! But perhaps my reading comprehension isn't what it should be when i'm liquored up...

Passed out Made it to bed by midnight, and was up at 7am, getting in my desired seven hours sleep... so i'm going to claim partial success on this one.

3 comments:

Lynne Rees said...

Laundry and vodka-lemon-sodas sounds like a perfect mix to me : ) Actually, and quite often, I can read pages of a book then realise I haven't really retained a word of it ... and that's stone cold sober.

M L Jassy said...

It's good to read about liquor while drinking it. I recall Hemingway's novels are drenched in it.

Anonymous said...

Comprehension is overrated. (LOL Just kidding!) Sounds like a total success to me-- especially the vodka-lemon-sodas!