Thursday 4 August 2011

Run Mitzi Run

Yesterday's walk ended up being not exactly seaside, but there was water nearby - in a swimming pool in a local park. From the train station, myself and Uiver walked to a music show happening at a fun, warehouse-type venue. This was in a groovy, inner-city residential area where I lived as an undergraduate and also later on during the year of my Diploma of Education.

We walked about 15 minutes to the venue, got our wrists stamped and had plenty of time up our sleeves. The doorman pointed us towards the nearest pub but we were in more of a dessert mood. Thus, a further 20 minute walk up the hill necessitated some relaxing sit-down time at a very tasty gelateria. The sesame gelato turned out to be utterly scrumptious, more tasty than the chocolate. We walked off our dessert back down the hill and swayed on our few for a couple of hours to some fantastic indie rock.

Today I redressed the exercise balance and ran a solid 3 Ks. My good friend is visiting Sydney this weekend. She is in training for a 10Km run! I am going to help her out by joining her for a 7km practise jog. I feel a hell of a lot fitter than I did in the fortnight before the 30 Day project started, so I will be able to do 7km, even if it's hare rather than tortoise-style.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're making impressive progress.

Mitzi G Burger said...

I meant: tortoise rather than hare style!

Anonymous said...

when i was 'running', i learned that there is a term for my style of forward propulsion... the "Slog" - a slow jog. it suits me. i look ridiculous, but it makes me sweaty...