Thursday 4 August 2011

Onward

well, after a one week vacation and other local activities to steal my attention, i'm surprised to find myself doing well with the reading challenge. at least 30 minutes a day is going well. often, more than that. i'm thinking the books i'm picking have something to do with that (nope, still can't tackle that Mr. Rogers' book on "Going To The Potty").

my turn to read "Packing for Mars" and it's a delightful read. full of interesting scientific stuff, but not remotely presented in a scientific way. not to say the author is making shit up, but she writes like she wants the average Jill or Joe on the street to understand it. very fun.

the sleep? not so good. some of the activities have kept me up long past my 11pm target. sleep, when it comes, has often been sparse and unsatisfying. part of that was due to overuse of muscles (walking, standing, dancing) which decided to punish me back by waking me in the middle of the night to clench up. whee.

but, all in all, i'm feeling really good about this challenge. and, as Bob said in a comment on an earlier post, that's what this should all be about, yes?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like things are going great!

Were you sleepless in Ohio because you were on vacation there, or do you live there? I live in North Central Ohio-- not far south of Cedar Point.

Gnu Kid said...

i live there, SOMSmom. a transplant from PA, i now live down Dayton way. Cedar Point has long been on my list of things to do!