Thursday 4 August 2011

the daily wobbles 22 & 23

Bum! The nearest I got to water for 2 days was the water cooler in the notaire's office in Mandelieu. And, because of someone else's last minute wobbles, if our house exchange is going to go through it won't until next Monday at the earliest. One of those things I can't do anything about so I'm programming myself to switch off for the weekend.

My second step-daughter is over tomorrow (when I moved in with her dad I was 26 and she was 20 and it felt like we were generations aparts but now we're 47 and 53 we spend our time comparing wrinkles and drinking champagne) so that'll be a lovely distraction and will definitely keep me on track for the last lap of the daily swims.

3 comments:

Mitzi G Burger said...

Sounds like fun - the champagne not the house wobbles.

Anonymous said...

Mmmmm champagne. Have some for me! =)

Jen White Doom said...

I love the idea of you hanging out with your stepdaughter... it sounds like you gained a good friend. I love unconventional stories like that, probably because my life is so very conventional (but not boring)!