Sunday 24 July 2011

Mitzi and the Music

Today I was still out in the depths of the bush at Berowra Waters, a hidden away nook on the Hawkesbury River. Sleeping off a party in a riverside log cabin has its charm. Being beside the river I decided fulfilled half the protfolio of a Seaside stroll.

The best thing about my yesterday's jog, other than a serious endorphin high that lasted hours, was listening to the podcast of a live concert by Arizona band Calexico. Great music for a physical workout which I know sounds revoltingly healthy and an abuse of good music: however, I found myself arm-dancing and shaking invisible maraccas etc which I would hastily cease every few minutes, as there were other people in the gym. The day before I'd listened to a live concert by Fujiya and Miyagi. Great beats and ooph but less aiyaiyai.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds wonderful. You write with wonderful imagery. I feel like I'm there-- but definitely not jogging right along. ;-)

M L Jassy said...

Thanks!