Sunday 24 July 2011

the daily swim 13

My swim timetable has changed. I was on the beach by 10.30 this morning: kids and leisurely late in the day swims don't mix. And I saw fish - little silver ones swimming about my legs. And a bird - like a smaller version of a cormorant, diving into the sea between people's bobbing heads and re-appearing a few yards away a minute or so later.

We've also bought a paddling pool - for 7-year-old beach relief. It's a biggie (6 ft by 2.5 feet) though I refuse to count a dip in that as a daily swim and will persevere with the beach. But now, after 13 days, it feels less like and effort and more like something I'm looking forward to.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You sure can get a lot of laps done in a 7 foot pool- stroke, turn, ok, one, stroke, turn, that's two... lol

M L Jassy said...

Nothing like a cool foot-bath with martini in hand.

daisyfae said...

two weeks! fantastic! you must also be feeling stronger in the water as well!