Wednesday 17 August 2011

Day 3 Down Under

OK...I have done my 30 minutes each day, with some extra time last night. At this stage I've screwed the tension right back to as loose as I can get it. Well, I have not ridden a bike in years and do NOT want to do a cruciate ligament or something. So, baby steps.
I hope that by day 30 I'll be pushing harder.

For the record - biceps toning is not my (current) goal, but Daisy Fae seems to think she's cornered that market so this should make her feel better: 13" or 33cms. On a hill, with a following wind, I could save an air fare!

And my cryptic clues, from the Saturday Australian
Q      A Liberal meeting fellow in recess.   6
A       Alcove

Q       At home? The opposite, to some extent.  2, 1, 3
A      In a way

Q     Listener's fine arts section  3
A     Ear

Oh dear! I've just seen the fine print: solution on Monday


I assumed the solution would be next Saturday, so now I'll have to scratch around for a copy of Monday's paper. Are we having fun yet...

5 comments:

Mitzi G Burger said...

Fabulous! I like the home/away clue.

Anonymous said...

i'm enjoying how we're all starting to play along on other challenges... but these cryptics are really tough...

Anonymous said...

Another brainiac! Well done on the cryptic crosswords-- not something my tiny brain could manage.

dinahmow said...

Thanks,folks.
Daisyfae...those were the easy-peasy ones. The rest are Mensa stuff!

Gnu Kid said...

yep, the cryptics have me baffled. think i need to stick with the 'Where's Waldo' kinds of games.