Tuesday 16 August 2011

Day 1 - EPIC FAIL!

Hmm... let's see... what time is it? Oh, look! It is 11:49pm as I type this. Hmm... what time was supposed to be in bed? That's right... 10:30pm. Oops.

I was rather spontaneously going to take the kids to Indianapolis to visit the Children's Museum for a day or two, which involved getting a hotel, which took longer than it perhaps should because I really wanted one with a pool and a hot tub that didn't have terrible reviews AND didn't cost very much. Seems like that's a pretty tall order. I started that at 10:00pm.

Two hours later, I have a hotel reservation, and have unfortunately determined that the reciprocity from my local children's museum membership does not extend to the Indianapolis Children's Museum (why?), so I can't reasonably go there two days in a row. Argh.

New plan, wait for the husband to come home after work, then head over there so the kids can play in the indoor pool for a few hours before bed, then spend the day at the museum, then drive home. We could do the museum as a day trip, but the kids REALLY want to stay in a hotel, and it ensures that we can get to the museum as early as possible. I know I'll be dragging them out of there at 5:00 when the museum closes, anyway, and I like to eke out every moment I can.

Anyway, all that to say, EPIC FAIL. I'm already 1.5 hours late for my deadline. Oops.

Why am I so bad at this?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Eh, you aren't bad at this, you just have more important priorities. Your kids are only kids once. Have fun in Indy, don't worry about the "Epic Fail" of day 1. There's always tomorrow for that. And after a few hours in the pool your kids will conk out early and you'll get a good night's sleep that night... which you'll need in prep for the museum.

Have fun!

Mitzi G Burger said...

Holidays always take a bit of fiddling around in the planning stages! Have fun.