Sunday 21 August 2011

Belly "Dancing" day 7

The good news... I have done something with my belly dancing video every day - something other than throwing it out the window which crosses my mind the whole time. I've only been able to do about 10 minutes at each section. I hope that counts - I wanted it be 30 minutes a day but frankly, it's just too hard for me. My arms feel like they're going to fall off and I still can't figure out the difference between a hip up and a hip drop.
Ok, so here's the embarrassing part... it's not actually a belly dancing video. Turns out, it's an exercise video using belly dancing moves with two lucious belly dancing babes in the their cute belly dancing outfits. I'm kind of embarrassed that I didn't read the box right, but oh well...
So anyway, I was going to just keep suffering through it, but now I'm mad and have changed my mind! Instead, I went to Amazon and bought an actual Belly Dancing video for beginners and chose overnight delivery!
I'm not giving up on the challenge - I've been doing it every day and I will do them again tomorrow - but if I want to belly dance, I want to do it right! So when the real video comes in Tuesday... this video is going out the proverbial window!
but I still feel stupid.

5 comments:

dinahmow said...

Brava! It's not easy to pick up if you've never done it before.But it is fantastic exercise for the middle bits.

M L Jassy said...

Chuckles. My mistake of the week was purchasing an Ebook that I thought was an Audiobook!

Jen White Doom said...

Good for you! I'm sure that the experience you're getting from the exercise video will serve you well when you get the real deal. Have fun! It sounds awesome. I'd be absolutely terrible at it, but maybe I'll try it someday.

Anonymous said...

i watched a 'how to belly dance' thing on TV once, and was sore the rest of the week. never got it right, had a blast trying, though!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like lots of fun! Hope you enjoy the new video.