Monday 22 August 2011

Let the running commence...

New goal is to run at least 5K every day. So far, so good. I used to run 5M a day, but I haven't done that in almost a year, so I'm very happy with 5K. I ran it VERY slowly, so my goal will simply to be run faster, not run farther. I always get into the trap of running farther, but that takes longer and eventually I get to the point where I can't dedicate as much time to it as it requires. This time, I'm going to try to make it take less and less time instead. That's more efficient, right?

I feel good. My ankles and calves are sore, as they always are when I start up. That should go away in a week. The soles of my feet are pretty tender right now (I run barefoot), so I'm stuck on the treadmill, but once they toughen up I'll head outside... hopefully before the weather gets too nasty. We have nice golf cart paths I can run on here.

Here's to the happiness that running brings me!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

and maybe the running will bring sleep!

Anonymous said...

5K EVERYDAY? Wow, ambitious and impressive!

Solid logic-- running faster not farther. I think about that with my walks-- the farther we walk the longer it takes. Ugh. Though in my defense I'm often slowed down by a dog that has to sniff every blade of grass, every tree, every sign post, etc. along the way. lol

dinahmow said...

I have a similar approach to the exercycle. I'm slowly increasing the tension, but sticking to the 30 minutes.
And barefoot? Shades of Zola Budd.

Mitzi G Burger said...

Exciting!