Sunday 21 August 2011

reasons or excuses?

I always feel that when people give a list of reasons for doing,or not doing, something they had said they would(or would not) do...those reasons are excuses. A cop-out.
So...here I am, on the eve of week two with an excuse/reason of my own. Oh dear!

What happened? I missed my 30 minutes of pedaling on Thursday. I have what I think is a reason, but it sounds like a cop-out!

On Thursday morning I whizzed about, doing domestic stuff and fully intended to get my 30 minutes in after my stint at school.

I was a "helper" at a local school which was hosting a visit from some Japanese students from our Twin City. It was a happy few hours, lots of laughter, great co-operation  from all the kids and friendships forged.

But I came home with a crashing headache, probably from bending over low kiddie-size desks for hours. So I didn't get on my bike.

But I did swim 1200m on Friday and pedaled for 45 minutes so I figure I'm still in the game.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't sweat missing a day-- especially if you have a headache. You're definitely still in the game!

What great fun to meet visitors from your Twin City! Sounds like a good time-- but oh boy, all those kids! I couldn't handle it. =)

dinahmow said...

Yes, it can be a bit headache=y.

Mitzi G Burger said...

Working with children beats everything in terms of energy expenditure. No worries.