Friday 22 July 2011

Treading Water

My willingness to accept the 30 day challenge was to "get back into exercise", which I somehow manage to "get out of" once a month or two. Walking by the sea was an excellent means of propelling the mortal coil along some picturesque stretches of local urban coastline. Yet this week's reversal of sea and sky - in which the sky attempts to recreate the sea in a wall of water between the earth's surface and anywhere above - has been a blessing in soggy disguise.

Back on the treadmill today I leapt aboard with surprising vigour, and was still hyped for the journey 3.4 kilometres later. Added to my slightly earlier wake-up time and "tasks achieved", the exercise has added to my feelings of well-being. I'm afraid it's happy-happy-joy-joy from me.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy happy joy joy is good-- in whatever form! =)

bob said...

Excellent!

Lynne Rees said...

I love to hear people saying they're happy...and happy happy joy joy is even better. I think it's contagious.

Gnu Kid said...

yep...happy happy joy joy. glad you're settling into a 'walk', irrespective of place and view.