Friday 22 July 2011

the daily swim 11

After two calm and warm days the water is so clear I can see my feet when I've waded in up to my waist. I count a 100 strokes out to sea where I can still stand up and there's a little boy swimming with his mami, like a little turtle with his head poking up above the water, and who suddenly heads towards me. What else to do but grab him under the arms when he arrives smiling, and turn him around and launch him back towards her.

Vous etes anglaise? she asks me. And I say, Galloise, taking care to pronounce it clearly so I describe myself as Welsh and not a french cigarette.

I have a habit of attracting little children, cats and old men over 70. Tony says it's because I'm only about 6 years old myself at heart. But that doesn't explain the cats and old men.

4 comments:

M L Jassy said...

I also think of myself as a cat magnet!

Old men are attracted to anything without a willy at thigh level, except for the gay ones. In that, old men are like young men!

Lynne Rees said...

Ummm... I am confused.com! Where else would a willy be, except at thigh level? Sumo wrestlers aside that is. Or do you mean that old men prefer really little willies that don't 'lob'. Have I been mixing with the wrong men?

Gnu Kid said...

it doesn't take a 70 year old man to be attracted to women...i'm already there!

Anonymous said...

Six at heart is a good way to be. That explains the attraction of cats too, but, um, not so much the old men. Sure they like a pretty woman, but a six year old? lol