Monday 11 July 2011

Sarah's subtracting

There are dozens of ideas swirling around in my mind; new things that I'd like to try for 30 days; old things that I shall do in future projects*.

However, my life is currently more chaotic and uncertain than usual. For the past few weeks I've been spending about 70% of my time caring for my sick mother, at her home. My world and my things are miles away and the idea of adding something new to this already novel situation makes me fearful that I won't be able to finish what I start. And I really want to start. And finish.

I'm going to start my taking something away. Not sugar - as Matt did. Bob helpfully pointed out that this would involve removing alcohol, which - although I'm no wino - is my off-duty drug of choice. Instead, I'm going to take bread out of my life for 30 days.

It sounds like a dull and simple task. I almost hope it is, though strongly suspect not.
I look forward to a purposeful 30 days, for all of us.



*there will be future projects, won't there, Bob?

4 comments:

bob said...

Cheers to no bread, then!

And yes, I'd love to see future projects. But let's go against typical Bobdom and get through this one before we plan the next. ;-)

M L Jassy said...

A couple of years I go I went "bread-free after breakfast" ... it "worked"! You'll know what I mean in 30 days' time.

bob said...

Is that sort of like saying "I'm off cocktails after happy hour?" ;-)

Jen White Doom said...

I'm very impressed with your choice... I would have to be a lot more imaginative than I am to make that work for me. Looking forward to reading about it!