Monday 11 July 2011

daisyfae lacks focus and sleep...

Thanks for the invitation to play, bob! i've learned value of being accountable to a workout buddy, so this seems a lovely approach.

Struggled a bit with the choice. i'm going to be on holiday for 2 weeks, so walking the dog, working in the garden, and going to the gym are out.

Given my noteable lack of focus these days, i have been trying to figure out how to get my brain re-trained to read. Really read. Not scan. Turning data into information is hard, and requires focus and thought.

Perhaps a well-rested brain would help, too.

My 30-day challenge: Read a book (e- or paper) for 30 continuous minutes each day. Go to bed 30 minutes earlier each night. Can combine this into "Reading 30 minutes before bedtime", but not required...

Let the accountability begin!

3 comments:

bob said...

Nice one. Whatcha gonna read?

Anonymous said...

starting with "Packing for Mars". i read "Stiff" and fell in love with Mary Roach. i leave sunday for 10 days of travel with the incredible edible nursemyra, who is a bibliophile extrordinaire! so we shall certainly swap some books as well!

Jen White Doom said...

Ha! I'm always trying to find ways NOT to read. I've tried not going to the library (or at least not leaving the children's section), donating all of my books, not picking them up, and setting time limits. Nothing works... I don't know how books find their way back into my life but they do!

I'm looking forward to reading about your reading!