Monday 11 July 2011

Mitzi G Burger By the Sea

A nannosecond's hesitation, and I was in. For days I have been champing at the winter bit. The season is chilly and brittle, but the beaches are salty and sultry as ever.

My thirty day challenge is a daily walk beside the sea. Not a walk from coffee shop to the car, nor from the newspaper shop to a splintering bench; but a committed stroll of twenty minutes or more beside the sea. 

An Australian winter harbours no excuses. In the dead centre of July, when the winds are whipping upwards from Antarctica, I am going to stand beside the sea and say, G'day, I'm zapping with currents too.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Delighted to see you here! Let's go, sister!

bob said...

Welcome aboard! I never think of Australia as wintry (having been there one scorching November), but you've convinced me. Happy wallking!

Sarah said...

*Envious face*.
I'm tempted to plan a month away so I can do exactly this.

M L Jassy said...

OK, Oz is not so Wintry until you get to the capital, Canberra, and Tasmania. My photos will demo the warmth.