Sunday 17 July 2011

Mitzi G By the Sea Day 7

Joggers, fishermen, fashionistas and ice-skaters! So much to see by the sea today. My seaside stroll began at Tamarama, went south to Bronte and back north to Bondi.

Temporarily abandoned fishing poles at Bronte:


I enjoyed people-watching, and drinking in the views of the vast ocean. I scanned the horizon for whales' tales as so many are being sighted this winter.

Instead, I saw this "shag on a rock":


Lastly, there was a "winter magic" festival at Bondi Beach which involved an ice rink for skating, bad yodelling music and Bavarian sausages and "alpine" kitsch. It is a bit too painful to write about any further, but it was fun seeing people enjoy themselves, even when they fell over flat on the ass. There were lots of soggy bottoms as the ice was beginning to melt.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

shag on a rock? sounds painful...

bob said...

Daisyfae, please get out of my head. That's what I was going to say. ;-)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures!