Sunday 17 July 2011

the daily swim 6

Strange weather today but I managed to get the swim in before the black sky broke into a rainstorm... and I even managed to drag my houseguest down to the beach with me, despite his earlier protestations that he hated 'getting naked in public'. I don't think going for a swim in trunks actually constitutes 'getting naked in public'. Stripping off down to your nail varnish at the bus-stop - that's getting naked in public. But I do empathise with people's inhibitions and fears - I've had enough of my own over the years but have tried, gradually, to dump as many as I can. And once we were on the beach and in the water he forgot all about feeling uncomfortable and started to enjoy himself.

A good day for both of us.

6 comments:

Jen White Doom said...

Ha! Good for you for dragging others into the project!

Anonymous said...

Getting naked in public-- that's funny. I agree, swimsuits aren't naked, but sometimes they come pretty close (like the speedo guys lol).

M L Jassy said...

Am liking this a lot. I think my 30-days seaside walking is pre-emptive to 30 day swimming at the sea. You have inspired me.

bob said...

And now I'm very curious about nail varnish and bus stops.

Was CRAZY weather here today too. Blinding sunshine mixed w/ torential rain and gray skies that would make a dementor pop a Prozac.

Oh, guess who saw Harry Potter yesterday?

Gnu Kid said...

well, now, if you have varnish on still, you're not really naked, are ya?

Lynne Rees said...

What if it's clear nail varnish?