Tuesday 12 July 2011

Day 2 Mitzi G Burger By the Sea

I used the time difference to get a head start on my 30 days, which started on July 11, yesterday.

Yesterday I met the ocean as it pours into Botany Bay, which was especially a relief after a recent inland road trip, and feeling a little land-locked.  


Facing eastward, a view of the distant ocean through the heads.

Sparkly morning sun, enthusiastically shining to the point of blindness. Another reminder of why you can't leave the house without sunglasses in Sydney. The mighty metropolis in the background. It's a 20 minute train ride north, or a 15-25 minute drive, depending on traffic.

I walked for about 40 minutes. Lots of respectable nodding and saying "morning" to strangers.

5 comments:

bob said...

Lovely!

Anonymous said...

just like the launch of the new year, Australia gets us started! beautiful!

Jen White Doom said...

Nice, daisyfae!

Thanks for posting the photos, too, Mitzi G! I wish they made it feel like I were actually there, but alas, they just look pretty.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!

Sarah said...

Even more envious now.