Tuesday 12 July 2011

the daily swim 1

It was 6.45 and I was making a plum/soy/ginger marinade for a duck breast when I remembered my promise. It's too late now. It's overcast. And when I get to the sea: it looks a little cloudy, there could be jellyfish in there. But I go in and when I'm 20 yards out (where I can still put my feet on the seabed if I need to) I laugh out loud.

A plane descends towards Nice airport. A little girl does a cartwheel on the shore. The tall masts of the yachts anchored in the bay swing like slow metronomes.

I am swimming. And I am looking and really seeing things. This one conscious action is spilling over.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm coming to dinner! (Just kidding =) Sounds delicious though.)

I'm proud of you for going in anyway, when there were so many excuses for not. Well done!

M L Jassy said...

Tres joli, la mer.

bob said...

So good!

I've changed the comments format, hopefully that will help. If anyone else is having problems, email me!

Keith said...

This makes me wish I was there to see it.

Caroline said...

Will you keep it up? And how can you better this first impression? I love reading your words xxx