Tuesday 12 July 2011

Day 1 done!

So how did it go?

Last night, I got a cool plan on Jogging for Beginners from Bob and I tempted myself with a few IPhone apps to track:-
- my route
- distance
- calorie burn
And one of these genius apps launched the Ipod on my phone as soon as i hit GO and chose the Classical music playlist so i jogged to Beethoven's Fidelio and Mascagni's L'Amico Fritz. Very surreal jogging music although now i love Opera, I never came close once to changing to rock or indie.
The jog/walk/stroll was a lot of fun as i was overtaken by more serious joggers in the park and then had to pick up a pack of cold ham on the way home for tonight's food. Thank god i am not doing this to lose any weight.
On Friday, I will jog to the pub and then jog back (how British)- a nice little goal to aim for as i surprised myself with 3k distance today!
A C+ start i think!

4 comments:

bob said...

You did 3k in the 30 minutes from the Higdon thing? You're a star!

Anonymous said...

C+? I'd give it an A. Have a pint for me tomorrow! =)

M L Jassy said...

Opera rocks! There is going to be a Ring Cycle in Melbourne, Australia, 2013 - you could jog over for the show.

Lynne Rees said...

Jog back from the pub slowly : ) You don't want to much of a swill going on in there!