Sunday 7 August 2011

Triumph

Finding my jogging friend yesterday was a challenge. I was only familiar with the southern end of the circuit. Now I know the whole lot, all 7k's of it. With only four or so "recovery walk" intervals, we jogged most of the way. The Bay Run is spectacular. The surrounding traffic on one side turns out to be not so bad, as most of the circuit is bordered by parks, sports fields, fine architecture and rowing clubs. The final leg is a wonderful pedestrian and bike bridge.

I'm not sore at all after yesterday's effort and the 4.25 I managed the day before.

It's a lot easier to run a sizeable distance when you can see it physically in front of you. It means you can't stop until you get back to your car. In true Mitzi style we celebrated the triumph with coffee and cannoli at a fabulous Pasticceria in Haberfield.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"It means you can't stop until you get back to your car." That made me laugh because sometimes when I'm tired that's the only motivation I have for getting through our daily walks.

Anonymous said...

you are inspiring me to consider an attempt at running in the future... i've dropped 20 pounds since May, but have another 30-40 to go. and slogging is a great way to do it...

Gnu Kid said...

it's very cool to see the improvement you've made since the start of this challenge. and, yeah, inspires me, too, to get my butt out there.