Tuesday 23 August 2011

Day 8 - Tight Yoga

Whew.  I didn't realize how tense and tight I was until I did yoga tonight.  My muscles hurt through most of it, until finally I got stretched out and relaxed.  I'm really glad now that I did it.

I have four yoga videos, but only use two of them on a regular basis-- AM and PM.  The AM is supposed to wake you up in the morning.  It's much more vigorous than the PM, which is mostly stretching and relaxing in preparation for sleep.  I'm going to try hard to do AM tomorrow since it seems like I really need to work out the tightness in my muscles more than I am.  Lots of stress and pressure around here, and the yoga helps a lot; but it's funny because I don't notice how tense I am until I'm actually doing yoga.  It's not like I ever say, gee, I'm stressed and tight, I should do yoga.  Frankly, if it weren't for this challenge I probably wouldn't be doing it at all.  Good thing I picked this for the challenge, huh?  Well, that's what I'm thinking anyway.

Ok, all for now. Namaste.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

the beauty of the 30 days is that at the end you will know enough to decide whether to keep the habit or find something new...

i'm still reading a bit - although not every day. that 7 hours sleep is tougher, but i'm trying!

Mitzi G Burger said...

1 billion Indians can't be wrong (about yoga).