Saturday 13 August 2011

30 Days - Scores and Highlights

Perpetually distracted, huge stacks of books on my night stands, yawning my way through meetings after driving to work on snooze-control.

i still have a bit of this going on, after my run at 30 days to more focused neurons and more sleep. But i'm better. Definitely better.

Finished three books - not a huge number, compared to what most bibliophiles devour in 30 days, but that is three more books than i'd read in any other month this year! Still have stacks of books on my night stands, but i will continue to poke my way through them.

Sleep, glorious sleep! Forcing myself to bed by 11pm has made that 6am alarm far more tolerable. Definitely had some days where it just didn't happen - but mostly due to a few cases of "Fun Happens!" keeping me up far too late. i will continue to target a solid night of Zzzzz's because i simply feel better when i do.

It's been a lovely exercise in communal accountability - and i'll be back for Round 2. i've genuninely enjoyed tracking the progress of other contributors, and any chance to spend time with my old friend bob? Priceless. Thank you for launching this project!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A success all around I'd say!

Glad you'll be back on the 15th. (Looking forward to those arm flap pictures-- um, I think? lol)

Mitzi G Burger said...

Those books loved being read, and the brain loved, I'm sure, recharging for the full 7 hour surge of neuro-power. Hooray!