Monday 18 July 2011

Where did my inspiration go?

I've lost my drive for this project. Quick! Someone inspire me! I did get 30 minutes of photo work done yesterday on a gift for one of my Cub Scouts who is leaving, so that is good, I guess, but it wasn't really organizing, and overall my photos are no more organized than they were the day before.

That leaves me with today, when I've really enjoyed spending time with my family instead, and now I need to make lunches and get organized for tomorrow. I might be able to make it happen tonight, but right now... I'm not so enthusiastic. I think I made my typical mistake of overdoing it on the first few days. *sigh*

Edit: OK, I managed to get my 30 minutes in. I finished captioning and tagging April, 2011 (including my 40th birthday party). Here's a picture of me at the party in my prom dress (don't blame me... I went to prom in the 80's). The party was an 80's party... and what better to wear than my authentic 80's prom dress? I switched to a Madonna outfit later on, though; I could barely breathe in the prom dress.

7 comments:

M L Jassy said...

A redhead in white lace with a chocolate cake: I don't think I've seen anything sexier since Molly Ringwald eating sushi in The Breakfast Club. You are rolling in Hotness!

bob said...

You can always reassess and figure out what a realistic daily thing is. Organise 10 mins? Post a foto? The main thing, I think, is to try to do something for "you" that you've wanted to do. It's not supposed to be a chore.

When I did life coaching, we used this as a motivator :

Think about how you'll feel when you finish. What's that feel like? Think about how you'll feel if you don't do it? What's that feel like? Choose the one you'd rather feel and set a little time each day to aim for that.

Have FUN!!!

Anonymous said...

if one day doesn't work out, no worries -- remember, you did MORE than 30 minutes for a few days, so you're still ahead of your goal.

re-dedicate, re-evaluate, and re-commit to what you'd like to do!

Lynne Rees said...

I've learned not to set the bar too high when I start a project/venture... I know I'll run out of steam after a week! And I wondered if the work you've set yourself doesn't have any short term sense of satisfaction (like my titchy swim does)? Maybe there are shorter term goals within what you're trying to do? Some ideas anyway : )

Anonymous said...

From what I can see of your prom dress... I think mine was very similar. Ah the '80s. lol

I know what you mean about overdoing it at the beginning of the project. Now it's time to set the timer and do no more that 30 minutes at a time. There's still three weeks left to get into the habit of doing 30 minutes daily; no need to rush through it.

Sarah said...

Never mind losing your inspiration...

...you're holding a cake AND wearing a dress you could also get into in the 80s?!

You've inspired me!

Gnu Kid said...

did you look under your bed for your inspiration? that's where i usually find stuff i've lost.