Wednesday 20 July 2011

Stinkin' Hot


where i live, we're in the grip of a nasty spell of hot temperatures, high humidity, and generally miserable weather.

but, comma, that has made it beneficial to wander to the nearby pool in my complex and luxuriate in the waters there. when there haven't been idiot kids...okay, and a few adults...splashing about without regard to me on the side of the pool, i find it wonderful to soak and read at the same time. as such, i'm getting in more than the 30 minutes of the challenge, just because it's relaxing and cool.

the organize/purge? meh. i'm counting it, but the last couple days, my time set aside for that challenge task has been at work. part of that is work avoidance, but part is also that my filing system, both at work and at home, is the archaeological method. the date of any document needed defines how deeply i have to dig into the piles on my desk. pickaxes, miner lights, and, often, dynamite are necessary tools to accomplish this task. so, i'm trying to alleviate that in my organize/purge.

the sleep? [sigh] i am getting to bed on work nights by the proscribed 11pm, but having difficulty getting a full 7 hours of sleep. my body is still used to the 5-1/2 to 6 hours i'd been getting, so i find myself waking earlier than i had been and still getting not much more than 6 hours. a work in progress.

onward to today's reading...

4 comments:

M L Jassy said...

Gnukles, I'm worried you're trying to do too much. Waaaay too much. Read generously, organised your Personal Admin AND sleep 7 hours a nihgt? Even attempting my single (1) goal for the 30 days is looking only 80% achieveable! The pool sounds great though.

Anonymous said...

Ah, a pool! Wonderful! I'm riding out the heat wave in my air conditioned house. My dog and I spend a couple hours outside every morning at dawn when the air is cooler and a tiny bit less humid; gotta do the yard work sometime and very early morning is the only tolerable time. I envy you your pool.
I get where you're coming from with the sleep. All these sleep experts say you need 7-9 hours daily, but what if you can't stay asleep?
Keep up the good work; and don't sweat the two additional challenges. Too much pressure, especially in this heat.

Lynne Rees said...

I love the corn!

Gnu Kid said...

@mitzi - point taken. and my next post shows i took your advice to heart. and the pool is wonderful. join me?
@SOMSmom - yes, thank goodness for the A/C. i try and stay inside unless really necessary...like going to the pool! thanks for the kind words.
@Lynne - it makes me laugh every time i see it. i feel like him (it?) many of these past days.