Friday 29 July 2011

Mitzi On the Move

Today a young woman and her late middle-age parents were bustling about the apartment complex - she has bought a place is and was showing the folks around. They were all very excited, except for not having the right key to the gym.

Early in today's jog I therefore hopped of the 'mill to let the newcomers into the gym. They looked around while I kept on keeping on until 3.93 k's elapsed under my feet. I am very into the number 3 at present, as my performance-presentation is about a character in Finnegans Wake whose symbol is the triangle. 

Today's distance was thumped along in 36 minutes (adding to the 3-ness) including a "cool down", so it's nice to know that if wanted to do a serious distance like 5 K's, it's not too far off.

Today I listened to Indigo Girls' album Become You, an old favourite. Mellow tunes, great rhymes, subdued angst and hymnal qualities. Happy weekend, all.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Three is a great number... pops up in my life a lot.
You're awfully close to a 5k- very impressive.

Jen White Doom said...

I always LOVED the Indigo Girls but Swamp Ophelia left me cold and I never listened to any newer album. Their older stuff is still important to me. Maybe I should try Become You... thanks for the reminder.

Good job on the running! I ran seriously last year for about nine months, then dropped it cold turkey. I've run two or three times since then, always with the intention of taking it up again, but haven't managed it yet. Someday...