Friday 29 July 2011

the daily swim 18

Back in the (happy) groove. A swim, 40 mins on the beach, prawns the size of a baby's arm for dinner tonight, and a chilled bottle of champagne with my name on it.

The Man said, of yesterday's rat event, 'It could have crawled up on the bed and bitten one of us. It might have had rabies.' I guess he has a point. It was small-ish though. Had the look of one of those long and lean alley rats from Disney films. Really long tail. But I'm not a live rat fan so I kept the cat in last night which meant three in the bed and I got the least room.

Two more days of kid-zone, but I am also very proud of him because he ate snails last night for the first time. And a lot of kids wouldn't have even tried.

There was a very scary face just before this stage, and another one when he first put it in his mouth. But he ate it anyway. Good kid. I doubt I'd have done the same at 7.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I supposed I've missed dinner; darn I was planning to pop over. Prawns and champagne sounds awful delicious (even at 8am as I write this). ;)

Jen White Doom said...

I love snails. And sushi. And other expensive things that I'm disinclined to introduce my kids to. They probably wouldn't try them, anyway, but mostly I don't think they'd enjoy them enough to be worth the money.