Tuesday 26 July 2011

Indoor Mitzi

During today's sweatfest I finished listening to yesterday's podcast about "going posh". The final word on what is posh is "opening a champagne bottle with a sword". I reflected on how difficult this would be given I was taught to "twist the bottle, not the cork" in my bar-tending days.

There ended up being a numerical theme for today's jog (the exercise formerly known as a walk by the sea.) I ran 3.3km in about 30 minutes. It's a case of slow and steady, hare over tortoise. Plus a tipping of the hat to all things "30".



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Me thinks you need to open 30 bottles of champagne with a sword. ;) Then drink it all! lol

bob said...

Slow and steady is perfect.

Back in my fine-dining waiter days, we had a rather flamboyant manager of the non-heterosexual persuasion who instructed the staff that when opening a bottle of champagne, the cork should not 'pop', but instead should 'sigh, like a contented woman.'

One of my colleagues immediately quipped back, 'and how would know what that sounds like?'

Ahhh, my New Orleans youth.

M L Jassy said...

One lives in hope that inside every gay man there is a bi man who digs chicks.

Lynne Rees said...

In Wales, posh is not eating off your knife, or offering someone one of your chips before you take one. There is a gag too:

I hear Linda's getting married?
Is she pregnant?
No.
Oh, there's posh.

It sounds better in a Welsh accent.