Friday 15 July 2011

Harder Than You'd Think

okay, not really. i mean, yeah, i could do a lot better. but fitting stuff in amidst life sometimes makes it a bit difficult. maybe it's because i tried to squeeze three personal 30 day challenges instead of just one. i thought that, individually, they weren't that much of a challenge. and, honestly, they aren't. but that being diligent thing.

okay, yeah, fine...we're only on day 3, yes? so - -

as i said, i'm doing fine. i've spent at least 30 minutes the last few days reading an actual book - - "Room". i've gotten so used to reading the instant gratification of blogs and facebook that i find i lose focus. i have to reread passages. it takes time. but i'm getting better.

also doing fine with spending 30 minutes a day organizing and purging. can't bring myself to throwing out 10 items a day, but have been dumping stuff in the trash.

more difficult is the in bed, lights out, and go to sleep. that damn tv and interwebz tempts me to look one last time. or, even with lights out, i feel restless and can't settle in.

but, all said and done, that's what this challenge is about. over 30 days, change a habit. make a change. i'm still in.

three quarters done with the book. starting to look for the next one to tackle. i'm thinking this one - -


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You can't go wrong with Mr. Rogers! ;-)

M L Jassy said...

Are you going potty, or just using one?

It is tricky trying to "switch off" at the end of the day. I find having a wrm, naked human in the bed helps as a distraction from the interwebz.

bob said...

3 challenges! I love an overachiever. I hear Room is *really* good. In fact, I think Lynne recommended it to me a while back. It's on my Kindle but haven't gotten to it yet.

Anonymous said...

i'm a little confused. you added "going potty" to your 30 day challenge? ;-)

Gnu Kid said...

@SOMSmom - yep, he's my neighbor.
@Mitzi - would be nice, but not currently in my inventory
@Bob - "Room" was good. not sure i could add the *really*, though it's close.
@daisyfae - no, no...that may be my next 30 day challenge. i'm just thinking of reading up on it now.