Saturday 10 September 2011

No Cigar

but i was close! i had these grand ideas of reconnecting with lost friends and family. somehow, though, life just had a tendency to roll over me. delightfully so, with trips and festivals and hiking and theater and this and that and the other (guess i ran out of commas and had to use "and").

still, comma, i made pretty good progress. not to any great depth of reconnection. i've not found myself spending hours a day conversing with long lost family and friends. but, i have reached out and chatted...by e-mail or voicemail. my goal was 30 people. if i count some folks i will reconnect with on a scuba adventure i leave for in...CRAP!...7 hours from now (and not in the least sleepy!)...then i will surely get close to my goal of 30 reconnects.

i've been joining along with daisyfae in doing the pushup thing, with success, though not in Arnold Schwarnegger-ian proportions. i've also been cognizant of, if not strictly keeping to, my old goal of an earlier bedtime and a 7 hour sleep. next 30 days? no clue.

and an apology for dropping off the grid and not supporting my fellow 30-day-ers. i know i appreciate your bon mots and optimistic support.

but, must toddle off for now. that OCD fifth repacking of the suitcase is in order...

4 comments:

e4 said...

It sounds like success to me, regardless of the actual number of people (or blog posts). It actually seems like it would be a little challenging to really reconnect with a lot of people in a matter of weeks.

Anonymous said...

e4 is right. I've been through the "hello, stranger!" a few times and it's never been easy.
That said, I've told an old friend she may give my email/postal address to 3 old school mates with whom she has re-connected.
Picky point: how does OCD work with scuba checks?

Mitzi G Burger said...

Scuba time, nice!

Anonymous said...

Given that you've essentially undertaken two challenges, I'd say you're doing great!

Hope the scuba trip is going well!