Monday 8 August 2011

Prodigal Blogging

It's been over a week since i've reported out to my challenge mates. Better news since my last post, though! The reading has been delicious - i've finished "Under the Banner of Heaven"* and will almost immediately finish "Squirrel Seeks Chipmunk", by David Sedaris.

Yes. i know it's a short book, and an easy read. But i'm reading slowly because it is yummy brain candy and it makes me giggle!

Sleeping is more of a challenge. i made a serious tactical error midweek - accepted an invitation to an outdoor concert in a city an hour away on Wednesday night. Returning home at 1am, with an alarm clock squawking at 6am led to a bit less than 7 hours sleep.

But i've worked hard to make up for it this weekend!

Onward!

------------


*Just in time to track the sentencing of Warren Jeffs, who featured prominently in the book. A fundamentalist polygamist convicted of raping children in the name of faith...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

David Sedaris is fab-u-lous! Haven't read Squirrel Seeks Chipmunk. Must check it out.

Eh, sleep is overrated when there's a concert to see. ;-)

Mitzi G Burger said...

I agree, reading IS fundamental (blog post label.) Yup, Sedaris is funny in both David and Amy form.

Gnu Kid said...

bet you made up for it with a nap at work. but, really, as long as you get back on schedule the next day, no worries. seeking perfection will drive you crazy (-ier).

Lynne Rees said...

I'm jealous of all your lovely reading - I might do a reading challenge next. I'm waiting for The Book Thief - recommended by a friend. Anyone read it?

Anonymous said...

loved The Book Thief. recommended by a friend (bob) as well... made me smile. made me cry.