Thursday 25 August 2011

Mid-week "Flap Update" ("flap-date"?)

i am on track.

but i learned a lesson the hard way last night.

Wednesday nights have evolved into my 'practice backpacking' night, as well as an 'upper body' night. After kicking my own ass on the hiking trail* (25 pound pack, just an hour, but i'm in start-up mode), i returned home and still had to do my push ups.

i did them.

but i was in a bit of discomfort. not the upper body, but the lower back.

Next time? Do the upper body work BEFORE the hike. D'uh. Seems obvious.


~~~~~~~


* And perhaps spending a post-hike hour at the wine shop, conveniently located in between the trail head and my home....

4 comments:

Gnu Kid said...

so, the sore back isn't from lifting a case of wine into the trunk of the car? or, more likely, from an hour hike with 25 pounds strapped to your back?

dinahmow said...

I feel such a wuss - I sometimes leave 6 bottles in the car for The Man to carry upstairs if I ache from other activity! (Of course, I am a little older than you!)

Mitzi G Burger said...

Hardcore. Repeat. HARD. CORE!

Anonymous said...

Ouch. Your body is getting quite a workout between pushups and backpacking and all the other exercise you do. You deserve that stop off at the wine shop!