Wednesday 3 August 2011

Gym Gymunkie

The evenings are warming up. Spring is budding and the afternoons are bathed in golden hues - I'm not even trying to sound Romantic. There are literally golden hues pervading the very air, the good old sunshine is gearing up for summer.

The weather means more outdoorsiness, or at least the longing for it. Still, the lack of time and fuss spent going to and from the downstairs gym is awesome in its insignificance: not having to drive for a good gym fix is so idea.

Thus, yesterday I was joined by the good Uiver for some exercise in the gym. I favoured an extended run on the treadmill, interrupted by a stitch, a breather and continued on the stair-climber. The bloke himself favoured a mash-up of different cardio and weights activities. He jokingly admitted to popping into the gym for brief visits in order to say "I go to the gym every day". He needn't be at all sheepish. It's part of one's shaky motivation.

As to that, there is only so much daylight left before I head out for a concert tonight . And still the motivation to break a sweat is a struggle, but I may yet get there.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love spring. It is my very favorite season. I miss it. We're in the depths of a very hot and humid summer, but still I loathe the idea of fall and winter fast approaching. The only good thing about fall and winter is that eventually spring arrives again. Do enjoy; I envy you that newness and relief.