Thursday 14 July 2011

Mitzi By the Sea, Day 4

Braving awfully brisk winds sent express from Antarctica, I motored down to the seaside and leapt aboard the unmoving footway. I have enjoyed listened to music during my walks, lately tuning into concerts via podcasts from NPR (American) radio. Today I listened to a beautiful set by the singer Sharon Van Ettens. Melodious, whimsical and just a tiny bit emotionally tortured, her songs are singable and sweet. I followed this up with an unsteady but heartfelt set by Steve Earle and then the ever-divine Sam Beam of Iron and Wine fame.

Every walk I have been edging further south towards the pretty beach in the distance. I'll get there eventually. You can see a parasailing thinge on the far right. Once I had my beanie down to my eyebrows, scarf up to my nose and warm jacket firmly zipped, the shrill winds were no match for the delicious sunshine. 

6 comments:

bob said...

So lovely. You'll be swimming w/ Lynne in no time.

If you're cold, I wonder how the parasailor felt?!?!

Lynne Rees said...

What's the temperature there? Blue sky can be so deceiving...

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful place you have to walk!

We get Canadian winds/weather here, which I always thought was bad, but I imagine the wind from Antarctica must be worse. Brrrrr! =)

Gnu Kid said...

aw, just swim across...that looks much closer than walking.

M L Jassy said...

Chuckle chuckle. I'll do a toe in come September. Maybe.

Anonymous said...

looks deceptively warm!